I just got a new book for our professional library called The Digital Writing Workshop by Troy Hicks. We all recognize the importance of students writing, and this book adds a digital view. Topics include social bookmarking, blogging, digital conferences, wikis, collaborative word processing, multimedia composition (adding images, movies, sounds to text), assessment of digital writing, copyright issues, and a study guide. I haven't read it all yet, but I'm working on it. (Click the book image for more information from the publisher.)
One veeeery interesting topic is using blogs as digital portfolios. How cool would it be for each student to have their own personal site with their best work? Digital writing could be added, Glogs or Prezis could be embedded, movies displayed, podcasts uploaded and available for download...
I get excited thinking about the possibilities! (Moreso than everyone else, I realize, but you gotta admit it's a pretty cool idea.)

No comments:
Post a Comment