Qwiki, a Multi-Media Encyclopedia

Qwiki is a multi-media encyclopedia.  Each entry features a picture slide show, text, narration of the text, and is followed by suggested topics related to the first one.

For example, I searched for the Revolutionary War.  There weren't too many details, but after the video, I clicked on a link to the entry for Minutemen.  After Minutemen, I clicked on a link for Militia.  After that video I had the following choices: the Continental Army, the Second Amendment, the Air National Guard, and the Sand Creek Massacre.

I think Quiki would be an engaging way to introduce topics to a class or to let students begin exploring topics and other related topics.

Two concerns would be the computerized narration, although it isn't too bad considering some computer narration, and the possibility of following suggested links until the topics aren't really related to the original.  (Within 4 clicks, I went from Militia to Aerial Refueling.)

Thanks to Free Tech 4 Teachers for the tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...