Screenr

Screenr is a tool that can be used to record the screen on your computer as you narrate the tasks being done.  This would be a useful tool when showing students how to do something on the computer.  Teachers can record themselves performing the task on the computer.  Then they can simply play the video to the class, allowing them to help students while the previously recorded video plays.  Videos can also play on iPods, so students could watch the video, pause it with each step, and perform the tasks as they learn them on their own computer.

Here's a video from Screenr explaining the process:



And here's my attempt to use Screenr.  Mind you, I've never used it before, and the only knowledge I have of it is the above video, so we'll see how it goes:



I was allowed to login using my Google account, but Twitter, Facebook, and a couple other options can be used as well.  Published videos go to personal web address using your Screenr screen name, which it prompts you to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...