Book Reports, Or Something Like Them

Use Google Street View to locate places from books.
Free Tech 4 Teachers had a post that included several ways for students to present a book report - or something like a book report anyway.  His suggestions utilize some tools that I've mentioned before and some new ones.  They include making movies about the book, book trailers (like movie trailers), making online 3D presentations, and using Glogster.

All the suggestions and details can be found here.

One idea was to use Google Maps to create a literature tour.  I used Google Street View once to look for places from the book Julia Gillian (and the Art of Knowing) by Alison McGhee.  The book is set in Minneapolis, and since I went to school there for four years, I wanted to see if I recognized any of the places.  All of the pictures on that site are specific sites mentioned in the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...